20/01/2018 at 8:56 pm #758
Please see details below of a funding opportunity that may be of interest to BHGSF members:
Wren’s Community Action Fund Opens for 2018 Applications
Grants of between £2,000 and £50,000 are available for projects that can demonstrate how they fall into Object D of the Landfill Communities Fund. Object D shows commitment to the protection of the environment, and the provision, maintenance or improvement of a public park or another public amenity. WREN’s definition of an amenity is something that a community will have access to and be able to use for leisure or recreation purposes.
Examples of eligible projects include, but are not limited to:
• Replacement doors and windows for village halls and community centres.
• Provision of children’s play equipment in open public spaces.
• Construction of footpaths and cycleways in public parks.
• The provision of all-weather play surfaces for MUGA multi use games areas.
• The provision of skate parks.
• Dipping platform and all weather paths at local nature reserves.
Although match funding is not a specified requirement, the Waste Recycling Group (as a condition of providing WREN with the Landfill Tax Credits) require project applicants to secure the help of eligible ‘Third Parties’ who will reimburse them with an amount equal to 10.75% of any grant committed. Third Party funders cannot, however, gain any unique benefit from the project put forward for funding.
Applications will be accepted from the following types of organisations:
• Registered charities which operate a community facility.
• Churches or Parochial Church Councils.
• Parish or Town Councils or Management Committees or User Associations acting on behalf of Parish or Town Councils.
• Local Authorities.
• CASC Registered Sports Clubs.
Other organisations may still be able to apply for funding if they apply as a secondary applicant with a Parish Council, Local Authority or charity which has an involvement in their project site.
The first deadline for applications is 14 March 2018 (5pm). The fund will continue quarterly after this.
Click to view further information about this news alert
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.