Brighton & Hove Green Spaces Forum Newsletters
2018 Conservation Report from The Level’s head gardener Steve Peters
Brighton & Hove City Parks Rangers
Brighton & Hove Health Walks
- Brighton & Hove Health Walks Web Site
- Preston Park Healthwalk Schedule
- Hollingbury Hill Fort Healthwalk Schedule
- Hove Park Health Walk Schedule
- Benfield Valley Health Walk Schedule
- Three Cornered Copse Health Walk Schedule
- Stanmer Park Thursday Health Walk Schedule
- Stanmer Park Sunday Health Walk Schedule
- Brighton & Hove Food Partnership – Non-profit organisation that helps people learn to cook, to eat a healthy diet, to grow their own food and to waste less food.
- Brighton Permaculture Trust – A charity that promotes greener lifestyles and sustainable development through design
- The Living Coast – Brighton & Lewes Downs UNESCO World Biosphere Region – the Biosphere Partnership brings together many local organisations to connect people and nature and so inspire a positive future today in our world-class environment of Downs, Towns and Coast.
- Community Works – Creates the support and networks that help people and organisations to use their time, expertise and energy effectively.
- Trust for Developing Communities – A community development charity working in Brighton & Hove and beyond aiming to inspire and involve local community groups through innovative projects, activities and training.
- Brighton & Hove Local Access Forum – The B&H Local Access Forum (BHLAF) is a statutory body whose purpose is to give advice to the Council, the National Park Authority and Natural England on managing and improving access to open spaces in and around Brighton & Hove. Members of the forum represent interests including land management, walking, horse riding, cycling, people with disabilities, youth, health, tourism, landscape and conservation. More information can be found on their website at http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/parking-and-travel/travel-transport-and-road-safety/brighton-hove-local-access-forum
National Parks Groups
- Open Spaces Society – Assist local communities to safeguard their green spaces for themselves and future generations
- National Federation of Parks & Green Spaces – Dave Morris Chair – To promote the National Forum of Volunteers at national level
- The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) – The Conservation Volunteers Green Gym® is a scheme which inspires improvement to both health and the environment. (See Insurance)
- Love Parks Website – managed by Keep Britain Tidy.
- Parks Alliance – The Parks Alliance (TPA) is the voice of UK parks, representing the people and organisations that create, maintain, invest in and use public
- Natural England Website – Conserving and Enhancing the Natural Environment
- Landscape Design Trust – an independent voice for public open space.
- Wild About Plants – is a national project led by Plantlife and funded by Natural England through Access to Nature. The website has a number of useful resources and gives people the opportunity to learn more about wild plants
- Federation of City farms & Community Gardens – supports, represents and promotes community-managed farms and gardens across the United Kingdom
- Fields in Trust – Protecting outdoor recreation space and playing fields
- The Environmental Funders Network (EFN)
- East Sussex County Council Grants and Funding
- Parks for People – conservation
- Veolia Environmental Trust – restoring green spaces
- The Design Council – Active by Design is the Design Council’s response to the current major health crisis caused by many people’s very low levels of activity, and a lack of access to healthy food.
- Planning Aid – – provides free, independent and professional town planning advice and support to communities.
- Planning for Real – supporting communities to bring about change and shape their neighbourhoods
- Funding Central – is a free resource for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises. It lists thousands of funding and finance opportunities, plus a wealth of tools and information supporting you to develop a sustainable income strategy.
- Green Infrastructure Resource Library – This is a free resource compiled by Dr Ingo Schüder MCIEEM with over 500 references & links to case studies, tools, videos, technical and non-technical publications about Green Infrastructure, greenspace, economic value of natural environment etc
- Grant Finder – Provides access to a number of grant finding sites
- B&H Communities Fund – Funds available for Brighton & Hove community groups
- Rampion Funding – Funds for local initiatives from Rampion wind farm
- National Lottery Heritage Funding – Lottery funding for a range of causes
- National Park Authority’s Sustainable Communities Fund – Funding available from Southdowns National Park
- Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Insurance (You have to have Affiliated Society membership with the RHS)
- The Conservation Volunteers – You have to join to get the insurance.
- Zurich Charity Insurance – Meets the needs of charitable organisations and community groups
- Access Insurance – Community Group insurance.
- Ladbrook Insurance – Voluntary Group Insurance
- Bat Conservation Trust
- Bumble Bee Conservation Trust
- British Bee Keepers Association
- Brighton & Hove Sparrows Project
- Butterfly Conservation
- The British Hedgehog Preservation Society
- Brighton & Hove Wildlife Forum
- Peoples Trust for Endangered Species – Dormice
- Sussex Wildlife Trust
- The Wildlife Trusts
- Royal Society for the Preservation of Birds RSPB
- Nature UK
- Tree Hunter TiCL Tree trail app.
- The Tree Council
- The Arboricultural Association
- Plantlife UK
- Wildflower Identification Guide
- The Woodland Trust
- The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS)
- Plants for coastal areas