2018 Conservation Report from The Level’s head gardener Steve Peters
Brighton & Hove City Parks Rangers
- Brighton & Hove Food Partnership – Non-profit organisation that helps people learn to cook, to eat a healthy diet, to grow their own food and to waste less food.
- Brighton Permaculture Trust – A charity that promotes greener lifestyles and sustainable development through design
- The Living Coast – Brighton & Lewes Downs UNESCO World Biosphere Region – the Biosphere Partnership brings together many local organisations to connect people and nature and so inspire a positive future today in our world-class environment of Downs, Towns and Coast.
- Community Works – Creates the support and networks that help people and organisations to use their time, expertise and energy effectively.
- Trust for Developing Communities – A community development charity working in Brighton & Hove and beyond aiming to inspire and involve local community groups through innovative projects, activities and training.
National Parks Groups
- Open Spaces Society – Assist local communities to safeguard their green spaces for themselves and future generations
- National Federation of Parks & Green Spaces – Dave Morris Chair – To promote the National Forum of Volunteers at national level
- The Conservation Volunteers (TCV) – The Conservation Volunteers Green Gym® is a scheme which inspires improvement to both health and the environment. (See Insurance)
- Love Parks Website – managed by Keep Britain Tidy.
- Parks Alliance – The Parks Alliance (TPA) is the voice of UK parks, representing the people and organisations that create, maintain, invest in and use public
- Natural England Website – Conserving and Enhancing the Natural Environment
- Landscape Design Trust – an independent voice for public open space.
- Wild About Plants – is a national project led by Plantlife and funded by Natural England through Access to Nature. The website has a number of useful resources and gives people the opportunity to learn more about wild plants
- Federation of City farms & Community Gardens – supports, represents and promotes community-managed farms and gardens across the United Kingdom
- Fields in Trust – Protecting outdoor recreation space and playing fields
- The Environmental Funders Network (EFN)
- East Sussex County Council Grants and Funding
- Parks for People – conservation
- Veolia Environmental Trust – restoring green spaces
- The Design Council – Active by Design is the Design Council’s response to the current major health crisis caused by many people’s very low levels of activity, and a lack of access to healthy food.
- Planning Aid – – provides free, independent and professional town planning advice and support to communities.
- Planning for Real – supporting communities to bring about change and shape their neighbourhoods
- Funding Central – is a free resource for charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises. It lists thousands of funding and finance opportunities, plus a wealth of tools and information supporting you to develop a sustainable income strategy.
- Green Infrastructure Resource Library – This is a free resource compiled by Dr Ingo Schüder MCIEEM with over 500 references & links to case studies, tools, videos, technical and non-technical publications about Green Infrastructure, greenspace, economic value of natural environment etc
- Grant Finder – Provides access to a number of grant finding sites
- Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) Insurance (You have to have Affiliated Society membership with the RHS)
- The Conservation Volunteers – You have to join to get the insurance.
- Zurich Charity Insurance – Meets the needs of charitable organisations and community groups
- Access Insurance – Community Group insurance.
- Ladbrook Insurance – Voluntary Group Insurance
- Bat Conservation Trust
- Bumble Bee Conservation Trust
- British Bee Keepers Association
- Brighton & Hove Sparrows Project
- Butterfly Conservation
- The British Hedgehog Preservation Society
- Brighton & Hove Wildlife Forum
- Peoples Trust for Endangered Species – Dormice
- Sussex Wildlife Trust
- The Wildlife Trusts
- Royal Society for the Preservation of Birds RSPB
- Nature UK
- Tree Hunter TiCL Tree trail app.
- The Tree Council
- The Arboricultural Association
- Plantlife UK
- Wildflower Identification Guide
- The Woodland Trust
- The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS)
- Plants for coastal areas